What an awesome God I serve. Tonight we had our first service and had 13 in attendance. The Spirit of the Lord was present and an excellent message was delivered. Tonight's sermon was titled "Wisdom Through Fear". Our scripture reading was from the book of Proverbs Chapter 2 Versus 1-10. Proverb 1:7 Tells us The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. We continued to look into scripture at some of the people who feared the Lord. Once we established that we need to have a "real" fear of God, we looked into the benefit of this fear.
Wisdom is the gift our Lord gives us. He wants for us to have knowledge, discretion, discernment, understanding, and humility. (see Pro. 8:12, 10:13, 10:23, and 11:2) Once we start gaining in wisdom we start an upright walk with the Lord. As we walk an upright walk, the Lord shines through us. Proverb 7:10 claims victory for the upright, a shield for the blameless, a guarded walk, and protection for the faithful.
As the sermon came to a close I asked that we all examine ourselves. Do we really fear the Lord? Do we seek the wisdom the Lord promises us? Are we willing to come into total submission to God? The promise of wisdom and all it's benefits are worth getting on your knees and asking for.
If you don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, I ask you to stop in and see us. The kingdom of heaven is for everyone who will put their faith in Jesus. It's a free gift.
Thank you to Pastor Ron Brown and the Elders of New Beginnings Fellowship Church for anointing my wife and myself today. I would also like to thank everyone who was praying for me tonight. I felt your presence. God Bless to all, and may the Lord continue to enrich your lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment