Monday, March 22, 2010
All Hail King Jesus
Wow, another tearful service. The Holy Spirit moved in a mighty way last night. Our scripture reading was Matthew 26:17-30. I had a hard time reading it as i welled up in tears and choked up. The night our Lord and Savior was betrayed and killed. We were taking a look at Passover, Good Friday, and Easter (Resurrection Day). The four gospels confirm that Jesus was betrayed during Passover (Mt. 26:17-30, Mk. 14:12-16, Lk. 22:7-15, and Jn. 19:14). We looked into how God foretold us of Christ's death during Passover. We examined the similarities of the lamb, sacrificed during Passover and Jesus, and the prophetic look we had through the Passover meal. We examined why we call it Good Friday when something so tragic happened that evening. Our answers are in Romans 5:8 and 1 Pt. 3:18. Jesus died for us while we were still sinners and he is alive in the Spirit. We moved on to Easter and the European traditions that distorted and commercialized the most Holy day in Christianity. We talked about the Pagan rituals that were introduced to the early church and how the name Easter came to be. I explained the importance of Resurrection Day and pointed it out in scripture, 1 Cor. 15:17 and Rom. 6:4. The sermon was fueled by the Holy Spirit and many eyes were in tears, including mine. Prayer was offered by Robin and more tears flowed from all. Our God is so awesome and when He touches our souls we can only cry remembering the sacrifice He made for us. A sinless man not deserving of the cruel torture and horrid death we put him through. I asked all to ponder what Jesus did for us. I also asked everyone to rent the Passion of the Christ and view it this week. We shared the Lord's Supper and moved on to praise and worship. Praise God, we had music this week. Thank you Donna for bringing in your CD's. I was so Spiritually drained I could not close in prayer. Terry volunteered to close our service and once again the tears started flowing. Many stayed after the service to fellowship. Thank you to Pastor Ron for "enlightening" me. I love you dearly. Till next week, may the Lord our God be with all.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment